Sagging skin on your arms due to aging or weight loss can make you hesitant to wear short sleeves, dresses, or swimsuits in public.
The board-certified surgeons at Northshore Plastic Surgery LLC can perform arm lift surgery to give your arms a more toned, athletic look.
Can arm lift surgery performed at our on-site, accredited surgery center in New Orleans, LA, give you tighter, shapelier arms?
I've Never Heard of an Arm Lift Tell Me More. How Can It Help Me?
An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a body contouring procedure that can redefine your upper arm area by removing excess skin, tightening underlying muscles, and smoothing overall contours. Upper arm skin tends to lose elasticity and become less flexible as we get older. This area is also very susceptible to sagging if you have lost a substantial amount of weight.
Have Questions about Arm Lifts?
Contact us to learn more about how an arm lift can give your arms a toned, athletic look. Drs. Benjamin Boudreaux and Jeffrey Claiborne welcome patients from New Orleans, Metairie, and other areas of Louisiana to our beautiful Mandeville practice.
An Amazing Arm Lift Transformation
Our Clients Love Us
The BEST place to go, I’ve been a patient for a year now and very satisfied!View on Google
Amazing staff! Will forever be a fan of Dr. Boudreaux!!View on Google
6 Excellent Results An Arm Lift Can Give You
A more fit and youthful look by tightening and smoothing loose, dimpled skin on the arms
Increased self-esteem in personal and professional situations
More confidence to wear stylish, arm-revealing clothing, especially in warmer weather
Better highlight muscle tone resulting from diet and exercise by surgically removing excess skin
Reduce rashes that can be caused by excess tissue
Although healing may take a few months, the surgery immediately gives you shapelier arms
Can an Arm Lift Work with Other Procedures?
Drs. Boudreaux and Claiborne are award-winning plastic surgeons who can combine a brachioplasty with other body contouring procedures like liposuction. Liposuction is often used to remove stubborn pockets of fat.
Are You a Good Brachioplasty Candidate?
- Patients who are interested in undergoing an arm lift procedure at our private, on-site surgery center should be in good overall health.
- Extremely overweight patients may not be considered to be good candidates.
- You also must have realistic expectations about the surgery. While an arm lift can redefine and modify, it cannot prevent loose skin from developing in the future as you age.
- You should be a non-smoker. If you smoke, our surgeons highly recommended quitting for good, as tobacco can inhibit the healing process.
The Arm Lift Procedure
This body contouring surgery can typically be completed in one to two hours.
Recovery from Arm Lift Surgery
- It is important that you follow all post-operative instructions that are provided to you. Your surgeon will review these at your initial consultation.
- You will likely experience some swelling and bruising after surgery. It's best to avoid physical activity involving your arms for several weeks to avoid stretching the incisions.
- Antibiotics and pain medications will be prescribed for you to prevent the risk of infection and manage any pain you might experience.