Achieve More Toned Thighs with a Thigh Lift
If you are in search of slimmer, more youthful-looking legs, a thigh lift may be just what you're looking for. By removing excess skin and tightening the muscles, a thigh lift can help patients achieve pleasing results. Dr. Benjamin Boudreaux and Dr. Jeffrey Claiborne perform thigh lift procedures for patients in the New Orleans, LA-area. They can review the various procedure types and candidacy factors with you at a personal consultation. Contact us today to find out how a thigh lift can enhance your overall figure.
Who is a Candidate for Surgery?
A thigh lift may be right for you if you have excess skin on your thighs. If the skin on your upper legs appears saggy, the procedure can help give them a more toned appearance. Ideal candidates are those who are in good overall health, have maintained a stable weight for at least six to 12 months, and are close to their ideal body weight.
Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne usually perform thigh lift surgery as an outpatient procedure, with the patient under general anesthesia. Most patients are able to go home the same day of surgery.
It is important that thigh lift candidates not smoke. Smoking can increase your risk for complications during surgery, as well as disrupt your healing and recovery process. However, if you smoke, stopping smoking for a pre-determined amount of time before and after the surgery can help decrease these risks. Additionally, it is important that you have realistic expectations about what a thigh lift can do.
About the Procedure
Thigh lift surgery involves removing excess fat tissue from the treatment area, and tightening the remaining skin. There are multiple ways to achieve tighter, leaner legs through thigh lift surgery. The technique types can be differentiated by where the incision is made, and the extent of the surgery. Depending on your case, you may undergo any of the following procedures:
- Inner thigh lift: This procedure targets the inside of the thigh, and is ideal for patients who have trouble eliminating excess fat from the inner thighs through diet and exercise. An inner thigh lift may also address stretched, sagging skin caused by the aging process or significant weight loss. During this surgery, an incision is made where the thigh meets the groin area. The scar will be discreet, and can be hidden by underwear or swimwear.
- Mini thigh lift: For patients who only have sagging tissue on the upper third of the leg, the ideal procedure may be a mini thigh lift. This modification of the inner thigh lift technique involves a short incision in the groin area. The procedure, while offering less dramatic results, results in only minimal scarring and typically requires a shorter recovery period.
- Medial thigh lift: Patients who are dissatisfied with the shape of their legs, or would like excess skin removed after extreme weight loss might be best served by a medial thigh lift. Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne will make a groin incision, which may extend to the back crease of the buttock or to the hip region. A medial thigh lift could also include vertical incisions, down the legs from the groin, to allow greater access to underlying tissue.
Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne usually perform thigh lift surgery as an outpatient procedure, with the patient under general anesthesia. Most patients are able to go home the same day of surgery. Patients should prepare their home and schedule ahead of time for their recovery period.
Recovery from thigh lift surgery is gradual. After two to three weeks, you may return to work and gently sit on your thighs. After about six to eight weeks, you may be cleared to resume regular exercise, as specified by Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne. In most cases, full recovery takes six months to one year.
Benefits of Thigh Lift Surgery
In addition to tighter, leaner, and shapelier legs, the benefits of thigh lift surgery can include:
- Clothing that fits better
- Younger, healthier appearance
- Ability to exercise with greater ease
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Decreased risk of skin irritation or infection from chafing folds of skin
- Greater comfort while performing daily activities
- Improved overall quality of life
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne are committed to high-quality care and patient satisfaction. To learn more about which thigh lift procedure may be right for you, schedule your appointment at our cosmetic surgery center today.