Breast Augmentation for the Full Figure You Desire
If you feel self-conscious about small or uneven breasts and desire a more voluptuous figure, you may be a good candidate for a breast augmentation at our New Orleans, LA, Metro-area practice. During this procedure, Dr. Benjamin Boudreaux will use saline or silicone implants to enlarge your bust line. Dr. Boudreaux’s years of training and experience can give you a supremely safe and comfortable procedure with outstanding results. To learn about our many implant options and to find out if you are a candidate, contact our office today.
Breast Augmentation Candidates
Women choose breast augmentation for many reasons. Where one patient may wish to improve symmetry between two differently sized breasts, another may desire to restore breast volume following pregnancy. Others may simply wish to improve the overall aesthetics of their appearance. However, no matter what the reason, it is important that patients choose this surgery because they want to, not because they feel pressured by their partner.
Breast augmentation is a popular and safe option for enhancing your silhouette.
In terms of health, there are not many limitations on candidacy. As with any surgery, patients considering breast augmentation should be in good overall health so as to minimize the risk of complications during recovery.
Breast Augmentation Benefits
Included among the many advantages offered by breast augmentation are:
- Improved Aesthetics: Some women feel that smaller breasts cause their overall figure to lack balance. By increasing the breast size and reshaping contours, women can enjoy a more proportionate appearance.
- Enhanced Confidence: Many of our patients find that they regain a sense of youthfulness after undergoing a breast augmentation. In many cases, women even find they are more social and outgoing when they are satisfied with their appearance.
- More Clothing Options: Many women feel their small breasts do not allow clothing to hang from their figure in a flattering way. A breast augmentation can balance the proportion of your frame, so that dresses, tops, and swimwear accentuate your appearance.
It is important that patients be as honest as possible about their expectations and goals so that the doctor can make the best recommendation possible.
Multiple Options for Personalized Treatment
Dr. Boudreaux offers a number of implant options and will work closely with you to determine the right size, shape, and texture of implant for you. Depending on your goals, he may also recommend combining the procedure with a breast lift.
Patients have two options for implants: saline and silicone. Both offer their own particular advantages. Because saline is simply a salt water solution, saline implants are a safer option: in the event of a rupture, our bodies can naturally absorb saline. However, silicone implants are often preferred for their more natural look and feel.
In addition to the type of implant, the doctor will also have to determine what type of incision is most appropriate for your goals. Your options include:
- An inframammary incision under the natural fold of the breast
- A periareolar incision around your areola
Taking into account your body type and aesthetic goals, Dr. Boudreaux will choose an incision method that can result in minimal scarring, allowing you to enjoy your stunning new figure to the fullest.
The Breast Augmentation Procedure
Dr. Boudreaux performs all breast augmentation procedures at a sterile, sophisticated surgical center to ensure your safety and optimal cosmetic results. The day of your treatment, here is what you can expect:
- Anesthesia: Before the procedure begins, you will receive general anesthesia, administered by a qualified anesthesiologist or certified registered nurse anesthetist.
- Incisions: Once you are sedated, Dr. Boudreaux will carefully make an incision to minimize the appearance of post-surgical scars.
- Placing the Implants: Depending on your body type, goals, and the size of your implant, Dr. Boudreaux may place the implant above or below the pectoral muscle.
- Sutures: If the doctor uses dissolvable surgical stitches, your body will naturally absorb them within a week or so. For non-absorbable options, the doctor can remove the sutures at the office one or two weeks after your procedure.
- Drains and Bandages: Following the surgery, the doctor will wrap the surgical site with bandages to protect the incisions as they heal. Dr. Boudreaux may also place surgical drains near the incisions to minimize swelling and promote healing. Additionally, you may need to wear a compression bandage or a surgical bra which will provide support during the first few weeks.
Because breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure, patients can normally return home the day of their procedure.
Healing and Recovery
It is important to set aside plenty of time to recuperate. Dr. Boudreaux and his team will provide you with a comprehensive list of post-surgical instructions so that you can be prepared for surgery and recovery.
For the first 24 to 48 hours, some degree of breast pain and fatigue is normal. You can normally manage discomfort with a combination of prescription and over-the-counter medications. If possible, it is helpful to have a close friend or family member stay with you to assist you during this time period.
Swelling and sensitivity in the breasts is normal and can continue for up to five weeks.
During the first week of recovery, patients should avoid all strenuous activity, including lifting, bending, or straining. These activities can impede healing and cause additional pain and discomfort. Most patients find they can return to work in about one week. However, those with physically demanding jobs will need longer recovery times.
Swelling and sensitivity in the breasts is normal and can continue for up to five weeks. To reduce discomfort, patients should avoid sexual activity or other forms of physical contact with their breasts until the swelling subsides. Dr. Boudreaux can discuss the recovery requirements with you prior to your procedure so that you have a thorough understanding of the necessary time commitment.
Reach Your Ideal Bust Size
Breast augmentation is a popular and safe option for enhancing your silhouette. If you wish to enhance the size and shape of your breasts, schedule a consultation online or at 985-237-6050 today.
“From Dr. Boudreaux's wonderful bedside manner to his amazing staff, I could not have had a better experience! I have recommended and will continue to recommend Dr. Boudreaux to my clients and friends.” - Ruthie