Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery
Breast augmentation can help patients enjoy a fuller, more proportionate bust line. However, in some cases, patients may not have achieved the results they were hoping for. For example, the breast implants may be too large, too small, or may appear asymmetrical. Or, the patient may simply wish to switch to a different type of implant. In these instances, a second procedure can be performed to revise results of the initial surgery. At our New Orleans, LA, practice, Dr. Benjamin Boudreaux can perform breast augmentation revision surgery for patients looking to receive a different size or type of breast implant, as well as reshape the breasts to correct asymmetry or similar conditions.
Who Is a Candidate for Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery?
Patients who are dissatisfied with the results of their initial breast augmentation are generally eligible for revision surgery. You may be a good candidate if you:
- Are concerned about the integrity of your breast implants
- Are dissatisfied with the shape, size, or overall appearance of your breasts
- Are a nonsmoker
- Are in good general health
- Are at a stable weight
- Have realistic expectations of treatment
What to Expect during the Procedure
In general, revision surgery is performed similarly to traditional breast augmentation. These steps include:
- Anesthesia: To help make you comfortable during treatment, general anesthesia will be administered.
- Incisions: Dr. Boudreaux will create incisions to access the old breast implants. The type of incision used will depend on your unique case. When feasible, Dr. Boudreaux will use the existing incision lines to minimize post-operative scarring.
- Breast implant replacement: Once the old implants are removed, Dr. Boudreaux will place your new breast implants in the breast pocket.
- Sutures: Once the procedure is complete, the incisions are closed with surgical sutures.
Dr. Boudreaux is a board-certified cosmetic surgeon with nearly a decade of experience. He takes his time with each individual to listen to their concerns.
Healing and Recovery
You will be provided with detailed post-operative instructions. These should be followed precisely so that you can enjoy a smooth, successful recovery. Following breast augmentation revision surgery, and similar to traditional breast augmentation, patients will need to wear a surgical bra to support the healing tissues and reduce inflammation.
Patients will require approximately two weeks off of work. In addition, strenuous exercise should be avoided for at least one month. This will allow the body to heal properly and reduce the risk of post-operative complications, such as bleeding, infection, or severe swelling. Once full healing has occurred, patients can enjoy their new breast shape, appearance, and boost in self-confidence.
Why Choose Dr. Boudreaux?
Dr. Boudreaux is a board-certified cosmetic surgeon with nearly a decade of experience. In addition to his unparalleled skill and knowledge, he is also dedicated to compassionate patient care. That is why he takes his time with each individual to listen to their concerns. This helps him gain a full understanding of your cosmetic goals so he can deliver top-tier results.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you are not satisfied with the results of your initial breast augmentation, then revision surgery may be an option for you. For more information, schedule an appointment with Dr. Boudreaux today. We look forward to your visit and helping you achieve the results you desire. Contact us online or call Northshore Plastic Surgery at (985) 237-6050.
“From Dr. Boudreaux's wonderful bedside manner to his amazing staff, I could not have had a better experience! I have recommended and will continue to recommend Dr. Boudreaux to my clients and friends.” - Ruthie