Restore a Youthful Appearance with a Brow Lift
As we age, our skin may begin to lose elasticity and our past emotions can start to show in the lines of our face. To help our patients regain a youthful, more vibrant appearance, Dr. Benjamin Boudreaux and Dr. Jeffrey Claiborne can perform brow lift surgery at our New Orleans, LA, office. This procedure can remove excess skin and tighten underlying tissue above the eyes. If you would like to learn more about how a brow lift can help eliminate facial lines and lift sagging brows, contact us to schedule a consultation.
What is a Brow Lift?
A brow lift is a cosmetic procedure used to enhance the appearance of the forehead, brow, and the area around the eyes. With this procedure, the loose soft tissue and skin of the forehead and brow are raised, eliminating the deep creases in your skin. A brow lift can also help rejuvenate a low, sagging brow, creating a more rested and youthful appearance. Although this procedure can produce beautiful results on its own, many patients elect to combine it with another facial procedure such as eyelid surgery, to achieve a more dramatic outcome.
In addition to creating a more youthful appearance, a brow lift can also help improve patients' confidence and alleviate tension in their forehead muscles.
Brow Lift Techniques
Depending on your specific goals, Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne will recommend the appropriate brow lift technique:
- Coronal: If you have a high hairline, thin hair, or are likely to lose your hair, Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne may recommend a coronal brow lift. This involves making an incision behind your hairline and across the top of your head. They will remove excess skin and tighten the underlying musculature.
- Hairline: If you have a high, receding hairline, Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne may choose to make an incision in between the top of your forehead and your hairline. A small amount of skin and tissue will then be removed and tightened. By employing this method, they are able to avoid moving the hairline back farther.
Most brow lift procedures can be completed in about two hours. In addition to creating a more youthful appearance, a brow lift can also help improve patients' confidence and alleviate tension in their forehead muscles.
When the procedure is complete, your head will be loosely wrapped to minimize any swelling. Be sure to follow our detailed post-operative instructions on how to care for your incisions. For the first few days after your surgery, you may need to:
- Rest with your head elevated
- Take prescribed pain medication
- Apply cold compresses
- Avoid exposing the incisions to excessive pressure or motion
While the sutures heal, you may temporarily experience mild discomfort such as itching and numbness. If your forehead was bandaged, Dr. Boudreaux and Dr. Claiborne can remove them in one to three days. Sutures will typically be removed one to two weeks after surgery, and most patients resume normal activities after several weeks.
If you would like to learn more about the brow lift procedure and how it can help rejuvenate your face, contact our office to schedule an evaluation.